Become an integral member of the National Shrine’s maintenance and operations team. In this important role, you will impact each pilgrim’s experience by ensuring Our Lady’s shrine is well cared for and maintained, all while growing in your own faith as you tend the grounds of the first and only Marian Apparition Site in the United States.
Job Summary: This position could be either full (40 hours) or part-time and administers the daily physical operation of the National Shrine of Our Lady of Champion by coordinating and maintaining the physical plant, its grounds, and mechanical systems.
Duties, Responsibilities and Skills:
“Embrace the mission and vision of the Catholic Diocese of Green Bay and that of The National Shrine of Our Lady of Champion and work in accordance with Catholic Social Teachings and the moral and ethical values of the Catholic Church.”
- Able to perform, general skills in the following areas: carpentry, plumbing, electrical, machine repair, painting, etc.
- Safely operate mowing, landscaping, snow removal, and ATV equipment.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Detail-oriented and maintenance troubleshooting ability.
- Ability to work well with others to create a welcoming environment for pilgrims to the Shrine in ever-changing priorities and or situations.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work respectfully in sacred areas.
- Must have initiative to self-direct and self-motivate.
- Comply with OSHA Safety and Health rules.
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years of progressive experience and responsibilities in a maintenance position.
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
(Job Application Is Listed on Green Bay Diocese Page under “National Shrine of Our Lady of Champion”)
Stay in touch on latest events and employment opportunities!
Follow Us on Social Media