Become an integral member of the National Shrine’s maintenance and operations team. In this much-needed role, you will impact each pilgrim’s experience by ensuring Our Lady’s shrine is well cared for and maintained, all while growing in your own faith as you tend the grounds of the first and only Marian Apparition Site in the United States.
Job Summary: This position could be either full (40 hours) or part-time and administers the daily physical operation of the National Shrine of Our Lady of Champion by coordinating and maintaining the physical plant, its grounds, and mechanical systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
“Embrace the mission and vision of the Catholic Diocese of Green Bay and that of The National Shrine of Our Lady of Champion and work in accordance with Catholic Social Teachings and the moral and ethical values of the Catholic Church.”
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years of progressive experience and responsibilities in a maintenance position.
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge of Boiler systems is a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Able to perform, but not limited to, the following skills: carpentry, plumbing, electrical, machine repair, painting, etc.
- Safely operate landscaping, snow removal, and ATV equipment.
- Detail-oriented and maintenance troubleshooting ability.
- Comply with OSHA Safety and Health rules.
- Ability to work well with others to create a welcoming environment for pilgrims to the Shrine in ever-changing priorities and or situations.
- Able to work respectfully in sacred areas.
- Must have initiative to self-direct and self-motivate, especially when Maintenance Lead is not on shift.
(Job Listed on Green Bay Diocese Page under “National Shrine of Our Lady of Champion”)
Stay in touch on latest events and employment opportunities!
Follow Us on Social Media